Anemones are one of the most popular spring flowers with their vibrant colors, their eye-catching darker center and their poppy-like shape. They start blooming early in the season and come in multiple colors, white, red, pink, blue,...
This week, we used purple anemones in our Bouquet of the week
Fun facts about the Anemone:
1. Anemones are also called wind flowers.
The word anemone comes from a greek word that means literally "daughter of the wind"
2. The legend of the anemone comes from Greek mythology
The legend says that red anemones sprang from the tears shed by Aphrodite, the goddess of love, as she mourned the death of Adonis, her lover.
3. Anemones are also said to predict the rain.
Watch out when their petals close! A storm is coming!
4. In the language of flowers, anemones usually mean anticipation.
A great way to tell someone that you can't wait to see them.
5. Anemones are bee-friendly flowers
Not only are they incredibly pretty to look at, they also help the whole eco-system